Please review the following polices about your participation in edTPA. You will be required to indicate that you have had an opportunity to review them prior to registering and prior to submitting your portfolio.
Please contact us if you have any questions about any of these policies or about the Pearson ePortfolio system.
- Assessment Fees and Payment Information
- $300 for full assessment or full retake
- $300 for 3-task retake (Elementary Education only)
- $200 for 2-task retake
- $100 for single-task retake
Payment information. Registration fees must be paid using a credit card (VISA or MasterCard only) or a debit or check card that carries the VISA or MasterCard logo and that can be used without the entry of a personal identification number (PIN), and/or with a voucher code supplied by the candidate's educator preparation program. Bank cards without a VISA or MasterCard logo cannot be accepted. The merchant name that will appear on your credit card statement is "Eval Systems Test Fee."
Vouchers. Vouchers may be available through your educator preparation program. Please check with your faculty advisor for information about eligibility requirements.
If you obtain a voucher, you must enter your voucher code into the system during the registration process. Vouchers cannot be applied retroactively to existing registrations.
- Payment Policy
If you have any outstanding balance owed for your edTPA registration after the score reporting date associated with the date you submitted your assessment, your scores for that assessment may be permanently voided and therefore not reported to you; to the relevant state agency responsible for educator certification, if applicable; or to any educator preparation program.
The following policies apply to you when you have an outstanding balance for edTPA registration or services:
- You will be assessed a $20 fee to cover the processing required to clear your account.
- You will not be allowed to register for future assessments until your balance, which includes the additional fee, is paid in full.
- Any credits or refunds for which you may be eligible will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess to be returned to you.
If a credit card charge for an edTPA registration or service for you is disputed:
- You may not be allowed to make any future payments by credit card.
- You must make your payment to clear your account by cashier's check or money order only.
- If you attempt to pay for any further services by cashier's check or money order before clearing your account, any payments received will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess applied to the requested services.
- Changing Your Registration
If you wish to update your answers to any background question(s) you provided during registration, you may do so through your account at any time before submitting your portfolio up to 18 months after you register.
If you wish to change your assessment content area, you must contact Pearson Customer Support.
- Withdrawal/Refund Policy
If you have registered for edTPA, have not yet submitted your assessment for scoring, and would like to withdraw your registration, you may do so by logging in to your account on this website, selecting Current Registrations, then Withdraw, and following the instructions provided.
If you withdraw your registration within 18 months of your registration date, you will receive a partial refund of payment made by you toward your assessment fee, up to: $100 for a full assessment, $90 for a 3-task retake (Elementary Education only), $60 for a 2-task retake, or $30 for a single-task retake. Your refund will be issued by Evaluation Systems within four weeks of your request. If you do not withdraw before the 18-month window has expired, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. If you applied a voucher toward your fee when you registered, you will receive no refund or credit of the voucher amount.
Once you withdraw your registration, you will no longer be able to view or edit your portfolio in the Pearson system. If you want to retain a copy of your portfolio, be sure to save your files prior to withdrawing your registration.
- Rules of Assessment Participation
- Confidentiality Guidelines
- Guidelines for video confidentiality for candidates
- Confidentiality and Security of Materials
- Candidates should review the Confidentiality and Security of edTPA Candidate Materials and Assessment Data .
- Video-Recording Permissions
Before you record your classroom instruction, ensure that you have the appropriate permission from the parents/guardians of your students and from adults who appear in the video recording. You should consult with your preparation program for other specific information that may be required in the release form.
The release forms are not to be submitted with your materials, but you should follow your preparation program policy for retaining them.
- Translation Requirements
Read the requirements below in order to determine whether or not you must provide an English language translation for the handbook field you are submitting.
- For World Language and Classical Languages, no translation is required.
- For Elementary Literacy, Elementary Mathematics, and Elementary Education (combined Literacy and Mathematics tasks), no translation is required if the language of instruction is Spanish.
- For Special Education with a specialty area of Deaf and Hearing Impaired, no translation is required if the language of instruction is American Sign Language.
- For English as an Additional Language, translations are necessary only when highlighting key exchanges that reveal students' content understandings and/or language proficiency. Translations do not need to be a full transcript and can be provided within the commentary and noted with video clip time-stamps.
- For all other subject area edTPA submissions, the use of a language other than English requires a translation for video, instructional materials, etc.
Please contact Pearson Customer Support with questions.
- Submission Requirements
- Candidates must review the edTPA Submission Requirements before beginning to create their edTPA assessment submission.
- Submission Attestations
When you have completed your work and are ready to submit your portfolio, you will be required to consent to the following set of submission agreements:
- Retake Policy
Options. Candidates who do not meet their educator preparation program or state requirement may retake the assessment by choosing one the following options:
- retaking the full assessment: $300 retake fee
- retaking 3 tasks (Elementary Education only): $300 retake fee
- retaking 2 tasks: $200 retake fee
- retaking a single task: $100 retake fee
Candidates should consult with their faculty advisor before proceeding with a retake and can find important information in Guidelines for edTPA Retake Decision-making and Support .
Before registering, candidates should review the Instructions for edTPA Retake . This guide contains important registration and submission information.
Retake limits. While there is no national limit to the number of retakes possible, there may be state- or educator preparation program-level limits on retakes. Review the edTPA guidelines for your state for additional information about retakes, if available.
A candidate can register for only one retake at a time (either full-assessment retake or partial retake). Candidates must wait to receive scores from their last submission before they can register for another retake.
Registration. To register to retake edTPA, go to the Candidates / Register page and follow the instructions provided.
Submission and Reporting Dates
edTPA scores are released according to the following schedules:
- Reporting of Assessment Results
- Your assessment results are reported to you and to any educator preparation program or state agency that you indicated as a score recipient when you registered. If required by state policy, your results are also reported directly to the state associated with your educator preparation program selection.
- Score Delays due to Administrative Review
Score Delays due to Administrative Review
In some cases, the release of a candidate's edTPA results may be delayed as the result of an administrative review. An administrative review may occur for several reasons, including confirmation that a submission meets all requirements and is in compliance with the rules of assessment participation.
Candidates registering for the edTPA assessment acknowledge and agree to the policies governing the edTPA program, including the Rules of Assessment Participation, at the time of registration. Candidates are also required to attest to their adherence to specific program policies at the time of their edTPA portfolio submission. As part of these rules and policies, candidates are advised that failure to comply with the rules, requirements, and policies specified or referenced on the current edTPA website, or if any prohibited actions are taken by the candidate, the candidate's edTPA results may be voided and other actions may be taken by Evaluation Systems, the candidate's educator preparation program, or associated State Agency.
While every effort is made to complete review processes prior to the scheduled results release date for a particular submission, in some circumstances additional time is required to complete the process. When results are delayed pending the administrative review, the goal is resolve such investigations in a timely manner, generally within 60 days of the initial score results release date; however, in some cases the investigation may require additional time to complete. During this period, candidates will not be able to access edTPA results via their account at edTPA.com
Until the outcome of the investigation is complete, in order to protect the privacy of the candidate and the integrity of the results reporting process, detailed information about the basis for the administrative review is not available to candidates or programs. However, once complete, the resolution of the investigation will be confirmed with candidates directly via US Mail and, if appropriate, with the candidate's educator preparation program, and/or associated State Agency.
Queries related to Administrative Review status can be directed in writing to the Central Activities Unit using the following contact information:
Central Activities Unit
Post Office Box 660
Amherst, MA 01004
Fax: (916) 928-9242
- Voiding of Scores
If you violate one of the Rules of Assessment Participation or if doubts are raised about the validity or legitimacy of your registration or your scores, Evaluation Systems may notify the educator preparation program and/or State Agency you identified during the registration process, as applicable.
Evaluation Systems reserves the right to void your scores if in their sole opinion, or after consultation with the educator preparation program and/or State Agency you identified during the registration process (as appropriate), there is adequate reason to question your scores' validity or legitimacy, due to misconduct including, but not limited to, a violation of the rules set forth on the current edTPA website, including the Rules of Assessment Participation.
Further action may be taken, including remedies deemed appropriate by Evaluation Systems, your educator preparation program or State Agency, as applicable.
Please note that software may be employed to screen submissions for originality of content. Submissions determined to violate edTPA rules regarding the originality of the submitted material will be subject to actions described above.
|Score Reporting Policies||