1. Learn About edTPA
These resources are intended for use by candidates who are completing edTPA, and provide considerations for candidates as they plan their learning segment, prepare to video record their teaching, and assess their students.
- Read Making Good Choices: A Support Guide for edTPA Candidates .
- For Special Education: Read Making Good Choices In Special Education: A Support Guide for edTPA Candidates .
- For Elementary Education: Read Making Good Choices: Addendum for Elementary Education
- Watch Tips for Using Video to Improve Practice at TeachingChannel.org.
2. Review Your Requirements
- All candidates should review the requirements and assessment options for the state where you are seeking licensure.
For Candidates Unaffiliated with an Educator Preparation Program (EPP) or Candidates Enrolled in an EPP not participating in edTPA
3. Review Candidate Policies and Online Training
4. Identify Your Portfolio System
All candidates register here, at www.edTPA.com. Some candidates will continue on this site and build their portfolio here, while other candidates will build their portfolio on another portfolio system currently in use at their educator preparation program. Which portfolio system should I use
5. Review the Submission and Reporting Dates
edTPA scores are released according to the following schedules:
6. Register for edTPA
7. Access Your edTPA Handbook
Candidates will access the required assessment handbooks and templates via their educator preparation program, and will also be able to download these materials in the portfolio system they use to build their portfolios.