Site and Purchase Terms and Conditions
Purpose and Requirements. This site is intended to be used by higher education faculty and Candidates as a source of information regarding edTPA, and as an electronic portfolio or artifact submission system in connection with edTPA. Candidates fulfilling a requirement for an educator preparation program and/or certification ("Candidates") may use this site to upload portfolio or artifact materials and submit to Pearson for scoring. In order to purchase edTPA services and register for official edTPA scoring, Candidates will be required to provide their payment or credit card information, name, e-mail address, address, phone number, date of birth, gender (optional), partial Social Security number (last five digits), licensure state, highest education level attained, educational program/institution affiliation, certification level and area, English language proficiency (optional), ethnicity (optional), and reason for taking assessment. Pearson will provide you with a user name and password. Do not share your password with others. Pearson will provide authorized users with access to the site as required for completion of tasks assigned to such user.
Payment Methods. The fees for registering for edTPA services must be paid using a voucher issued by an educational preparation program (as applicable) and/or credit card (VISA or MasterCard only) or a debit or check card that carries the VISA or MasterCard logo and that can be used without the entry of a personal identification number (PIN). Bank cards without a VISA or MasterCard logo cannot be accepted. The merchant name that will appear on your credit card statement is "Eval Systems Test Fee." Information regarding refunds for withdrawal is available on the Withdrawal/Refund policy on the edTPA website.
DISCLAIMER. THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PEARSON DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PEARSON DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
INDEMNIFICATION. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT. FURTHERMORE, YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES WHICH OCCUR UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS PEARSON FOR ANY LIABILITY OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM SUCH USE OR MISUSE. YOU AGREE TO IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY PEARSON OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT OR ANY OTHER BREACH OF SECURITY KNOWN TO YOU. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS PEARSON, ITS ASSIGNEES AND AGENTS, FOR ANY LIABILITY OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM YOUR UNLAWFUL OR UNAUTHORIZED SUBMISSION OF CONTENT THROUGH THIS SITE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL PEARSON BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE OR DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE LOSS OF DATA AND/OR THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THIS SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THIS SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS SITE.
Copyright and Trademarks. The system and the materials found on this Site are proprietary property of Pearson, and/or its customers or licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You agree not to display, disparage, dilute, or taint our trademarks or use any confusing similar marks or use our trademarks in such a way that would misrepresent the ownership of such mark. Copying, redistribution, or publication of any part of edTPA is prohibited.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance. If you have any copyright concerns about any materials posted on this site ("Pearson Site") by others, please let us know. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. - 512). Unless otherwise stated in any specific DMCA designation provided by Pearson, please provide us with written notice ("Notice") by contacting our Designated Agent at the following address:
Designated Agent Pearson Education, Inc.
200 Old Tappan Road
Old Tappan, NJ 07675
To be effective, the Notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, ("Complaining Party") of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed upon;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit NCS Pearson, Inc. ("Pearson") to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Pearson Site ("Infringing Material"), and information reasonably sufficient to permit Pearson to locate such material on the Pearson Site;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed upon ("Infringed Material"), or if multiple copyrighted works at a single Pearson Site are covered by a single Notice, a list of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (please be specific as to which Infringing Material is infringing on which Infringed Material);
- A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of Infringing Material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is the owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Termination. You may terminate your use of this site at any time by ceasing to use this site. Your use of this site may also be terminated immediately by Pearson if in Pearson's sole determination you fail to comply with any term or provision of these terms and conditions. To request the deactivation of your account, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2015 NCS Pearson, Inc. All rights reserved.